Monday, October 13, 2008

Thing #4: Register your blog and join the party


Note: The Nebraska Learns 2.0 program with which this post is associated is no longer active. Please see our new Nebraska Learns 2.0 blog for instructions on participating in the ongoing program.

If you’ve made it this far, you already have three items or “Things” completed of the twenty three that are required to qualify for the prize drawings and CE credit!

But how do you qualify? Good question! By registering your blog and recording your progress on each of the 23 Things.

Whenever you finish a Thing, leave a comment on that Thing's post that includes the permalink of your blog post that was created for that Thing.

Example:

Here is where you would find the perma link:

Blogger permanent link
If you click on the permanent link for an individual post, you will be taken to its page. This is the link that you want to put in your comment on the Thing's post. And to make recording easy, we would suggest that you make a habit of posting your comments weekly.

If you're more of a visual learner, here's a short video on how to do this:


DON'T FORGET: How you choose to identify yourself on your blog is your choice. You can blog under a screen name, anonymously, or as yourself. However, in order to qualify for the prize drawings and CE credit, you will need to identify yourself and your blog URL to Allana, Christa, Michael or Susan.

So, here’s to Thing #4 – scroll to the bottom of this page and leave a comment on this post with the permalinks to the blog posts you've written so far. It’s really that easy. And just think...now there’s only 19 more Things to go! :)

244 comments:

1 – 200 of 244   Newer›   Newest»
lauran said...

I'm off and running. My first blog entry is at http://lauranloveslibraries.blogspot.com/2008/10/7-habits.html

Hope I understood the instructions here!

Pam soreide said...

My Thing 4 blog entry is at http://soreidefamily.blogspot.com/2008/10/thing-4.html

Sue G. said...

Here is my first blog posting.

http://neblearns-sueg.blogspot.com/2008/10/new-skills.html

Madame Bonbon said...

Here is my first blog entry.

http://upwardandnonward.blogspot.com/2008/10/75-habits.html

Anonymous said...

My first blog posting. There's no stopping me now!!

Anonymous said...

My fist blog entry. Isn't technology great!!

Anonymous said...

Anonymous and Dana: We're so glad you're enjoying this already! But, you need to include the link to your blog post so we can all go read it. Thanks!

Anonymous said...

Sorry, I thought I had included my URL. Try, try again!

Anonymous said...

I get the hang of this yet!

Anonymous said...

When you click on the perma link date, it will reload your blog with a specific URL for that blog post. You need to copy and paste the URL for that post that is in your address bar into your comment.

For example, for this Thing #4 post, the perma link is http://l2ne.blogspot.com/2008/06/thing-4-register-your-blog-and-join.html .

Casey's Blog said...

And the adventure begins . . . . Thank you, Madame Bonbon, for the excellent description of step 1.

http://caseysteachingblog.blogspot.com/

Anonymous said...

My Thing 4 blog entry is at http://deb-hpl.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

I'm trying to do this and probably making it harder than I should. My blog is http;//learnewthings.blogspot.com

Dianne said...

My blog is at http://lifewithdianne.blogspot.com

Sky said...

My first post:

http://seeryuslibrary.blogspot.com/2008/10/its-nebraska-20.html

My second post:

http://seeryuslibrary.blogspot.com/2008/10/7-12-habits-of-highly-successful.html


Thing 1-4...done!

Mount Michael Benedictine School said...

My Post for Items 1-4
http://2-0blogbyluke.blogspot.com/2008/10/easiest-and-hardest-7-and-12-lifelong.html


I haven't ever posted a "hot" link before as a comment. I wanted it to open in a new window but blogger doesn't allow that. I don't like the idea of navigating away from a site without a direct link back. Oh Well.

NancyS said...

I think my blog is there...http://nancySOS.blogspot.com

Allana, I really need to meet you in person & see who I'm talking to all the time! (:

Allana said...

You got the URL right Nancy! Will be attending NLA next week? I’ll be there. You can try stopping by the Commission’s booth. I’ll be at the booth on and off on both Thursday and Friday.

Beverly said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Beverly said...

Here is my first blog entry
http://hastingspubliclibrary.blogspot.com/2008/10/7-12-habits-of-successful-lifelong.html

Mary at Valparaiso Public Library said...

I am posting my first blog. My blogspot entry is at http://vallibrary.blogspot.com

So, there it is! Engjoy reading!

deanne said...

Count me in!
http://quincyjohnson.blogspot.com/2008/10/75-habits.html

Anonymous said...

My Thing blog entry is at
http://gail-gailsthoughts.blogspot.com

Hope I did this right!

Gail said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
QuiltinLibraryLady said...

The blog is up and the link to the first post is http://quiltinlibrarylady.blogspot.com/2008/10/just-startin-out.html
Hope nobody minds that this blog is meant to cover the NE Learns 2.0 AND my quilting activities. Maybe I'll want to continue it after this is finshed.

kv@lcl said...

http://234kv.blogspot.com/2008/10/thing-4-of-23.html

A fellow staff member helped me make this into a hot link!

librarylady said...

I've got my blog going and here is the link
http://viewfromthecircdesk.blogspot.com/2008/10/help-im-blogging.html

diane m said...

I'm giving this a try. My first, and thus far only, blog entry is at http://ltalearner.blogspot.com/2008/10/response-to-habits-of-successful-life.html

Madame Librarian said...

A bit verbose, but otherwise readable: www.musicmaam.blogspot.com/2008/10/learning-process.html

diane m said...

I would like to know if there is a way to list all the blogs started through this "class" or if I have to list them individually as ones to follow?
Thanks for any help.
Diane M.

Anonymous said...

I am very confused!!!

but i think i figured it out NOW

Anonymous said...

#1 One step at a time

lgweb2.0 said...

I hope I have figured out how to do this - at least it seems to be working!

Rita said...

I've posted 2 blogs as part of Thing #3. Am I making this harder than it needs to be? It was kind of cumbersome to have the blog window open, copy its URL, then somehow get back to the Thing #4 page & paste the URL in the comment post. But I had a second blog URL to retrieve. So I ended up copying both URL's into a blank Word document. From there, I copied both of them & pasted them in this comment. Is there an easier way?
Test Post #1
http://rockinref.blogspot.com/2008/10/test-post-1.html
Test Post #2
http://rockinref.blogspot.com/2008/10/test-post-2.html

Scout said...

Up and running (I think).
http://jemdillandme.blogspot.com/

Rita said...

I have a dumb question, I guess. I've set up my blog & posted 2 entries. But how do people "know" that you've got a blog out there & are posting comments to it? Do you have to inform everyone somehow? Or do people just do a Google search for blogs on specific topics & maybe stumble on to your blog? Can anyone read anyone's blog or does one have to register or sign in somehow to read other people's (not involved in this class) blogs?

Anonymous said...

Here ya go -- Thing 4 - woot woot!

http://tinklestein.blogspot.com/2008/10/begin-with-end-in-mind.html

Sharon M. Jones said...

http://genoapublibry.blogspot.com/2008/10/hardest-easiest-habit.html

Okay, there you go. Looks like we're going to discover some new and interesting things on this trip.

Pam@Hastings said...

I think I have at least figured out how to get this far! See more of my meanderings at: http://hplmeanderings.blogspot.com/2008/10/first-attempt.html
4 down - 19 more to go!

kathy the librarian said...

I'm not sure what I am doing. But I think I have a blog....http://kathysbookshelf.blogspot.com. I'll definitely have to stop in during convention and see if I am doing this right.

kathy the librarian said...

Wow!!! I actually saw my post there. How did I do that! This might be fun after all.

LL said...

I think I've got my blog set up. Here's an entry at http://illusionistll.blogspot.com/2008/10/i-guess-im-now-proud-owner-of-blogspot.html

kipper72 said...

My first attempt at blogging is at
http://book-sanctionary.blogspot.com/2008/10/beginning.html

Sarah J said...

I'm finally getting some help so that I can understand what I'm doing.http://sarahlearning.blogspot.com/2008/10/1st-blog.html

Mary said...

Here's my first post :
http://radioladi.blogspot.com/2008/10/first-post.html

Anonymous said...

Here's my contribution to 2.0:
http://thecoreysthoughts.blogspot.com/2008/10/thecoreys-thought-1-what-is-nebraska.html

nas said...

I'm off and blogging - wish me luck!
see my blog

Bob said...

...and so I've started-
con't until next time.
Beat it to Bob's Blog

Cranefarm said...

This blog entry isn't very exciting but here it is: http://dancingcranefarm.blogspot.com/2008/10/more-about-blogs.html

Susan said...

In an earlier comment Rita asked several questions about blogs. Here are my attempts at answers. I don't consider myself a "blog expert" by any means though, so hopefully some of my colleagues will jump in with edits and elaborations if necessary.

1. How do people "know" that you've got a blog out there & are posting comments to it? Do you have to inform everyone somehow? Or do people just do a Google search for blogs on specific topics & maybe stumble on to your blog?

Telling people you have a blog and sharing the URL with them is probably the best way to gain readers. Then, what sometimes happens is that someone who reads your blog will list your blog in the sidebar of his or her blog, under a heading like "Blogs I Read." (This is called a Blogroll.) Then, some of their readers may start reading your blog.

It is possible to do a Google search (or a Google Blog Search) to find a blog. For this to work though you need to be sure you have set your blog up so it can be searched, and you also need to enable your site feed.

To do this you need to login to Blogger. After logging in you will be presented with your "Dashboard" page. You should see your blog listed on this page. Under your blog name you should see a "New Post" button, followed by several additional links: Edit Posts, Layout, Settings, View Blog. Click on "Settings."

This takes you to the "Basic" settings page. One of the options on this page is: "Let search engines find your blog." You will want to set this to "yes" if you want your blog to be findable via search engines. (Be sure to scroll down to the bottom of the page and click "Save" before leaving this page.)

Next, look for the "Site Feed" link at the top of the page (under the row of tabs). Click on it to go to the "Site Feed" settings page. After "Allow Blog Feeds" select Full from the drop-down menu. Again, don't forget to click "Save" before moving on.

2. Can anyone read anyone's blog or does one have to register or sign in somehow to read other people's (not involved in this class) blogs?

In the case of Blogger blogs, there are permissions you can set to control who can read your blog. Once again, from your Blogger Dashboard, click on the "Settings" link. Under the Settings tab you should see a row of links to sub-pages. Click on the last link: "Permissions." On the Permissions page you have three options for who can read your blog: Anybody, Only people I choose, or Only blog authors. In most cases you will want to check "Anybody" so that your blog is open to the public. There may be special situations where the "Only people I choose" option or the "Only blog authors" option would be useful. Think, for example, of a "family" blog. You could have multiple family members as authors, and restrict access to just authors, or to "Only people I choose."

GertieGirlLibrarian said...

I am in! I signed up for blogger in some early Michael class-- Did he make me use this email address:
juliespodcast.blogspot.com
Now I have to live up to it! I see it in my future.
myfirst or second blog entry may be at at:
http://juliespodcast.blogspot.com/
Gertiegirllibrarian

Carole Matthews said...

Here is my blog address: http://prairie-prose.blogspot.com/

Michael Sauers said...

My blog is at http://www.travelinlibrarian.info/.

Also, if you're having trouble posting links to your posts here in the comments or have any other questions, be sure to stop by the NLA booth. One of us (I, Allana, Susan, and Christa) will be around at most point. I will also be available in the ITART booth most of Thursday morning.

Bob said...

Comments anyone?
Now off to the
next leg of the journey~

Casey's Blog said...

One more post . . . the party is really rolling now!


http://caseysteachingblog.blogspot.com/2008/10/lifelong-learning.html

Anonymous said...

purple canary: Well, here goes again. My first post didn't make it so I'll see if I can get it this time. Quite an adventure! http://purplecanary20.blogspot.com/2008/10/7-12-habits.html

pejorg2000 said...

My first two posts:

http://troglodyte-librarian.blogspot.com/2008/10/about-lifelong-learning.html

http://troglodyte-librarian.blogspot.com/2008/10/about-blogging.html

willie said...

Thing 4 "already"

Kids R Great said...

My blog is located at:
http://kidsrgreat1s.blogspot.com/

Posting this address here doesn't seem to be what the directions ask for--permalinks? I'm not sure I'm following the directions correctly.

Anonymous said...

Here's my blog.
http://t-beyondthemargin.blogspot.com/2008/10/lifelong-learning.html

JoyeLee said...

Here is my blog address: joyesfirstblog.blogspot.com. Really don't know if I am doing this perma link right. And what was the info about copying URLs?

joank said...

Check it out!

http://joanmk.blogspot.com/

Anonymous said...

A couple of you have asked about how the perma link works.

At the bottom of every post you have in your blog, there is a time stamp. You will notice that it is a link. Click on this time stamp link.

That individual post will be reloaded into your browser. Look in the address box of your browser. You will see a unique URL for that individual post.

For example, for this Thing #4 post, the perma link is http://l2ne.blogspot.com/2008/06/thing-4-register-your-blog-and-join.htm

You will be writing a blog post for each of the Things you complete. We are asking you to copy the unique URL from your address box for the post you have written, then paste it into your comment on that Thing's post here on the Nebraska Learns 2.0 site.

Cheryl said...

This is a new experience. My thing 4 blog entry is at http://wordsbycheryl.blogspot.com

Dan Nieman said...

Well, here is my link to my post on the 7.5 Habits http://theantiquarianlibrarian.blogspot.com/2008/10/75-habits-of-highly-effective-lifelong.html

elda said...

well, here goes with my blog entry for thing #4.Do same for Things 1,2& 3? http://isabelelda.blogspot.com/2008/10/cromagnon.html

elda said...

Wow-I succeeded with my first blog entry, so I will push the envelope and post my 7 1/2 blog entry. I need to register Evelyn DaLao, Lincoln City Libraries, Bennett Martin Library, Lincoln, Neb. http://isabelelda.blogspot.com/2008/10/7-12-habits.html

Anonymous said...

I think I have set up the blog. It is http://blogjuliablog.blogspot.com if I did it right

JoyeLee said...

http://joyesfirstblog.blogspot.com/2008/10/i-am-trying-again-to-get-this-perma.html
I think I've got it!!

Brenda2.0 said...

Thanks to Allana I Know what to do. My blog address is http://librarianbrenda.blogspot.com If you go to that blog page you can see a very strange librarian that looks like a spider.

Jean said...

My blog is up and running. I know I'm a little behind, however I will catch up after NLA/NEMA
http://jeanslearning20.blogspot.com/

Mary at Valparaiso Public Library said...

My blogspot is http://vallibrary.blogspot.com I'm not sure it will ever be very interesting!

NixNoos said...

Here goes! Let's hope my original post went through so I don't feel like a complete idiot.

NixNoos said...

This is post number 2 just in case the first one didn't make it.

NixNoos said...

Oh yeah, guess I should put in my blogspot, shouldn't I? So this is number three ... and my blog entry is at http://nixnoox-caseydinah.blogspot.com.

Anonymous said...

Here we go I think I am doing this right. Hang on:
http://dawnlearning.blogspot.com/2008/10/cool-i-made-it.html

Anonymous said...

Hi all hope you are having a great one!
Check out my lovely Blog Spot
http://dawnlearning.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

My Thing Entry for #4 is @
http://dawnlearning.blogspot.com/2008/10/habit-7-12.html

Dawn said...

My Blog for number 4 is at
http://dawnlearning.blogspot.com/2008/10/habit-7-12.html

rgennut53 said...

Just set up a blog that I hope to use to share family history information with my family and to keep track of what I'm doing with Nebraska Library 2.0.

Hope I'm doing this right.

Rgennut

raygennut.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

I'm not sure if this will work,
but here's my Thing 3 and 4 blog
address

http://aqlibrarynews.blogspot.com/2008/10/nebraska-learns-2.html

-Diane said...

My first blog can be found at http://rpublib.blogspot.com

vbeck said...

Well, I am attempting to get caught up. I have just posted to my blog at http://nelearns2.blogspot.com/2008/10/7-habits-of-highly-successful-lifelong.html

TerriOWH said...

I'm off and blogging. An old dog can learn new tricks-

http://terriowh.blogspot.com/

Anonymous said...

My blog is here:
http://kitschylib.blogspot.com/

Anonymous said...

I have made two posts to my blog and am excited to see them. I just worry about what to say

Anonymous said...

The link for my first, and so far, only blog entry is

http://nebrbookworm99.blogspot.com/2008/10/new-to-blogging.html

Rebecca said...

My first blog entry is at http://atechtimefrolic.blogspot.com/2008/10/life-long-learning.html

Anonymous said...

This is fun. It was easy, with all the help at blogger.com, I wrote my first blog which can be found at

http://kathysings.blogspot.com/2008/10/blogging-is-fun.html

books4york said...

My first blog post is at http://4york.blogspot.com

I learned the rudiments of html over a decade ago.

The library's web site (www.yorklib.org) migrated to a drupal based platform about eight months ago.

Anonymous said...

Awesome!!My Thing #4 entry is at http://deblearning.blogspot.com

jaw said...

Please visit my blog at http://ArchVisualResources.blogspot.com I am very excited about Nebraska Learns 2.0 and the self-paced study is great -- Thanks!

Anne said...

Wow, this is so cool. I am really new at this but having fun so far. I think. I completed my first Blog entry and consequently Thing #4...Yipeee! My blog is at http://thelibrarianspeaksout.blogspot.com

Anne said...

On my last comment it appears I forgot to copy and paste my url correctly so here it is. Maybe I got it right this time. http://thelibrarianspeaksout.blogspot.com/2008/10/first-try.html

Sarah Olivia said...

Alright, here's my blog address:

http://mrsjustice.blogspot.com

Dana said...

Ok I hope I got this right. I wish everyone luck and fun!
http://danaslearning.blogspot.com
danaslearning.blogspot.com/2008/10/my-first.html

njv@dml said...

Thing #4
http://nanvac.blogspot.com/2008/10/in-reading-7-12-habits-i-would-like-to.html
http://nancylearns20.blogspot.com/2008/10/testing-testing-am-i-blogging.html
Please do not use the second blog address. I had some issues and started over with my regisitration.

Anonymous said...

My anxiety level is going down.

Here's the link to my blog:
http://ne-bookaholic.blogspot.com/2008/10/habit-2-of-7-12-habits-of-highly.html

A-one a-two a-one two three four said...

My thing 4 blog entry is at http://einekleinemusik.blogspot.com/2008/10/lifelong-learning.html

A-one a-two a-one two three four said...

And another post on lifelong learning at NLA: http://einekleinemusik.blogspot.com/2008/10/nla-conference-and-20.html

Anonymous said...

I'm not getting it!

Anonymous said...

I think I finally got it....at least I tried. My blogspot is http://quiltingranny-jag.blogspot.com.

Allana said...

Hi NikkiBob! What don't you get and how can we help?

jeanette said...

My blog entry is at http://quiltingranny-jag.blogger.com. Had a few little problems...like maybe granny's brain isn't always workiing right or maybe I keep getting interrupted. But there it is

Mary said...

#4 climbing higher, higher

Karin Dalziel said...

I have had my blog a while, so I'll post a link to my last post:

Nebraska Learns 2.0 kick off post

And a couple others that are popular:

Chart about…. you guessed it! Information literacy.


Distance education: the bad

Mary said...

Now, I'm starting to have some fun.

Anonymous said...

I'm here--it's only just begun! So far so good. My first entry is at http://nanetspot.blogspot.com

Therese said...

I believe I posted this elsewhere the other day . . . but my blog is http://colorfulquestionmarks.blogspot.com/

Anonymous said...

  http://nikkibob41.blogspot.com/2008/10/my-first-blog.html

Anonymous said...

I now have a blog, but am not quite sure about all the steps I will need to take to continue to post comments.

Susan said...

Hi djmuse. Congrats on setting up your blog. At this point what you need to do is add a couple test posts to your blog. (I see you have one post already and as part of thing #3 you are encouraged to write a blog post about which of the 7 1/2 habits of lifelong learners is easiest and hardest for you.) Once you have these blog entries done, come back here and leave a comment that includes the permalink URLs for your blog posts. (The permalink URL is the entry-specific URL that shows up in your browser address bar after you click on the time stamp link that appears beneath your post. So to get the permalink URL for your current blog post you would click on "2:15" PM link. This takes you to a page with the following URL: http://djsstory.blogspot.com/2008/10/i-am-so-happy-to-have-blog-finally.html. This is the URL you would include in your comment.) Hope this helps.

Anonymous said...

My blog entry is: http://talkbookswithme.blogspot.com

This is new and scary! But I'm going to work through it and belong to this century even if it gives me a headache!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the lesson.

Unknown said...

Learning something new is fun, if confusing at times.

http://jeannebookwoman.blogspot.com/2008/10/blog-we-must-as-it-is-good-thing-to.html

Queen Bee said...

By finishing thing 4 today, I am at least in the current week now.
My blog is queen-bee-buzz.blogspot.com Perma link
1:39 pm

Queen Bee said...

Now that I have finished thing 4 I am at least in the current week. My blog is at
queen-bee-buss.blogspot.com
Perma link 1:39 pm

Does It Even Matter? said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Vicki's blog said...

My blog entry is at http://vickiatsouth.blogspot.com

baskets said...

I created my blog with the help of a friend, Eine Kleine Musik. Mine can be found at:
http://baskataloger.blogspot.com

bloggerdebs said...

I have posted my blog. Thanks to everyone else's posts, I think I will get this part right too! You can find my blog at: http://bloggerdebs.blogspot.com/

Anonymous said...

My Thing 4 blog entry is at http://lgweb20.blogspot.com/2008/10/thing-1.html

Anonymous said...

I'm trying to figure out this permalink thing - trying this again. See if it works!
Thing 4 blog is at http://lgweb20.blogspot.com/2008/10/thing-4.html

Allana said...

You did it correctly lgweb2.0!

Anonymous said...

trying the permalink

Anonymous said...

Watched Thing #2. Created this blog during Thing #3. I think I am now registering my blog.
http://nphsmc.blogspot.com/

Anonymous said...

Watched Thing #2. Created this blog during Thing #3. I think I am now registering my blog.
http://nphsmc.blogspot.com/2008/10/7-12-lifelong-learning-habits.html

JUDYG said...

Now that I have found the time stamp, do I have to type in the entire address, or is there a cut and paste I just can't figure out at 1:00 a.m.?

Anonymous said...

trying permalink again

willie said...

try,try again

Allana said...

You can just copy and paste the URL. Clicking on the date/time link for a post will take you to the page that contains just that single blog post. You can then copy the URL that’s displayed in the address bar. If you are using a machine running Windows I find it easy to use the keyboard shortcuts to copy and paste the URL. To do this click in the adders bar and select the URL. On your keyboard hold the Ctrl key down and press the C key. This will copy the URL. As you write your comment you can then paste the URL. To paste hold down the Ctrl key and press the V key. Just remember not to copy anything else before you paste the URL or you’ll have to go copy it again!

joank said...

http://joanmk.blogspot.com/2008/10/believe-it-or-not.html

JUDYG said...

I am trying to post my #4 again thanks to Allana. Hope it works. http://judyg-oldlibrarian.blogspot.com/ It looks like it did, so now I have a new skill. Taking real paper notes is still a good habit!

Anonymous said...

I am having a lot of fun. I've always wanted to learn about these things and never had the incentive. Thanks for providing it!
Here's my blog entry

http://quillscribbles.blogspot.com/2008/10/7-12-habits.html

JuliaM said...

I hope I am doing this right. Am I supposed to comment on my blog then refer to it here.

I am liking the blog.

Michael Sauers said...

JuliaM,

You're right but your comment didn't include the link to your blog post. I just updated Thing #4 to include a video on exactly how to do this. Try refreshing the Thing #4 page and watching the video.

JuliaM said...

Is this right?

http://julia-juliam.blogspot.com/2008/10/test-for-time-stamp.html

LaRae said...

Here's my first blog...
http://laraej.blogspot.com/

Allana said...

I think I’m already at the party but I have finally got my blog set up and a few posts written.

mlfoster said...

Getting started with blogging.http://mlfoster-fostersfolly.blogspot.com/

Linda said...

Here is a post to my blog. I may have emailed, as well, hoping the shot-gun approach is appropriate.

http://domandme.blogspot.com/

Carol E said...

www.carol-hoorayya.blogspot.com

Sandy said...

Last try didn't work, so here goes again---It really is hard to teach this librarian new tricks i think!

http://sandyscatalog.blogspot.com/2008/10/thing-3.html

Does It Even Matter? said...

My blog is a book review at http://bookmystique.blogspot.com/2008/10/brief-response-to-thirteenth-tale.html

books4york said...

I made a goof in 4york.blogspot.com & wondered how to erase it.
In dashboard> edit posts> you are given the option to delete a post.

Anonymous said...

I'm finding it hard to work on these as there are so many interruptions. Also, it's so cold in my office this morning that I'm wearing my coat and my fingers are almost too cold to type! I'm venting frustrations instead of feeling like I'm accomplishing something wonderful.

jd said...

It took me awhile, but...
http://jeanie-jd.blogspot.com/2008/10/habit-4.html

PJ said...

It works! Yeah!

http://pjsthoughts-pj.blogspot.com

Just Robin said...

Whoo hoo! I'm up to thing 4!


http://robinslibraryblog.blogspot.com/2008/10/7-12-habits-of-highly-successful.html

Anonymous said...

My thing 4 blog entry: http://homerhounddog.blogspot.com/2008/10/testing.html

Just Robin said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Just Robin said...

Will this actually link to my blog?

Showing off your HTML skills only works if you do it correctly. :)

Patty's Favorites said...

Here is my first blog.
http://pattysfavorites.blogspot.com/2008/10/lvarez-julia-cafecito-story-bordhi-cat.html

jeanette said...

I am really getting behind on this . I am now two weeks behind. I did do my postings etc., but never really finished up, so now I can go on to IM. Hope I can get caught up.

Vickie said...

I'm registering my Blog now!
http://vickie6.blogspot.com/2008/10/thing-4.html

Anonymous said...

Check out Bookie's Book Nook blog at:

http://booknook-bookie.blogspot.com

Hope I am doing this correctly. If I am, I have just completed Thing 4--woo hoo!!!

willie said...

http://willie-challenger08.blogspot.com/
trying again

Glenda said...

This is my blog site:

http://cushscomments.blogspot.com

Lucky Librarian said...

Here is my blog, now lets have some fun at the party!!
http://luckilibbi.blogspot.com/

Tammy said...

My first blog entryhttp://tamlyntea.blogspot.com/2008/10/i-blog-therefore-i-am.html

Anonymous said...

I have joined the party...my first blog is at http://harly-mike.blogspot.com

Hawkeyebeth said...

Testing, testing, 1...2...3
Here's my first attempt at a permalink...
http://bookmobiling.blogspot.com/2008/10/workin-on-permalink.html

Anonymous said...

Here is my entry at http://www.clwydshire.blogspot.com

October 30, 2008

Rae S. said...

My first blog entry is at http://raelearns.blogspot.com/2008/10/7-12-habits.html

Hopefully I'm getting this.

bookworm604 said...

My first posting is at

http://bookworm604.blogspot.com/2008/10/thing-1.html

I haven't figured out how to permalink either.

Kelly said...

here is my first post on Library 2.0. It is actually for this exercise Thing 4. I'll try and get posts up to cover things 1, 2, and 3

Kelly said...

Oops, forgot to include the perma link for my post:

http://zaijovanthisnthat.blogspot.com/2008/10/learning-20.html

Anonymous said...

I'm on my way???

Anonymous said...

Uh Oh! I misunder/mistook the instructions for posting the permalink. Here is the correct link

Anonymous said...

permanent link:
http://homerhounddog.blogspot.com/2008/10/testing.html

Anonymous said...

http://melniel.blogspot.com/2008/10/blogging-books.html

Thing 4 -- accomplished!

Regina said...

This is my comment. I don't know what I am doing. I am just going to keep moving on. Hopefully this will all make sense in the end. If I continue to the end and don't win a prize I will be a winner because at least I learned something or at least I tried.

steph said...

hmm.

http://stephsblog.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

Permalink
http://csweb2-cs.blogspot.com/2008/11/thing-4.html

kb said...

am I doing this right yet??

vc said...

My thing 4 blog entry is http://vc-vcsblog.blogspot.com/2008/11/first-blog-post.html.

Luz said...

My blog is http://afanadorsklr.blogspot.com

I really like the preview feature.

MysteryLover said...

Here is my blog entry.

http://mysterylover-mysterylover.blogspot.com/2008/11/7-12-habits-of-highly-successful.html

Anonymous said...

Here is my blog entry.
http://pjsthoughts-pj.blogspot.com/2008/10/pjs-thoughts-today.html

PJ said...

Think #5
http://pjsthoughts-pj.blogspot.com/2008/10/pjs-thoughts-today.html?showComment=1225820820000#c1981054559309898041

Anj said...

Here's my Thing #4 entry:
http://angelakroeger.blogspot.com/2008/11/thing-4.html

And for good measure, here are Things 1-3:
http://angelakroeger.blogspot.com/2008/10/nebraska-learns-20-first-three-things.html

Patg said...

My first post:
http://ghsdawgblog.blogspot.com/2008/11/thing-3.html
My second post: http://ghsdawgblog.blogspot.com/2008/11/thing-3-7-12-habits.html
I'm on a roll now!

TillyBell said...

I've learned something new! Here are the links.
http://tillybell.blogspot.com/2008/11/here-it-is.html
http://tillybell.blogspot.com/2008/11/getting-down-to-businessthing-2.html

Kathryn said...

Thing 4: Mission completed.
http://labibliotecariahabla.blogspot.com/2008/11/thing-4.html

jojo said...

http://jojosblog-jojo.blogspot.com/2008/11/this-is-my-first-post-im-going-to.html

keri_from_alma said...

My "Thing #4" blog entry is at: http://kerikreations.blogspot.com/2008/11/i-am-still-little-slow-at-getting-to.html
Hope I got this right!

Mary the Keeper of Books said...

My first blog entry ihttp://mary-statz.blogspot.com/2008/11/have-i-really-made-it-this-far.htmls at

bksrgr8 said...

My Thing 4 entry is at:
http://nebraskalearnsbksrgr8.blogspot.com/2008/11/thing-4.html

Anonymous said...

Apparently this computer doesn't have the program I needed to see exactly how to post with a permalink... so we'll see what happens.

Anonymous said...

Oops! here's Steph's link: http://2-0blog.blogspot.com
Now have I done it right?

lizzieJ said...

Here is my first blog entry - I hope I have done this correctly!
http://liziej.blogspot.com/2008/11/testing-1-2-3.html

Loves 2 Read said...

Well, here it is. I'm getting started a little late, but hope to catch up soon.

Julie said...

My first post-success!

Anonymous said...

Here is my first "thing" post

http://tiffanylearns20.blogspot.com/2008/11/7-12-habits.html

wplms said...

I'm a little late starting but I'm at least going. My blog is http://wplms.blogspot.com
I am on MySpace haven't spent some time with college kids on a mission trip this summer; let's see if this compares.

Sue's blog said...

Well, here I go. This is great information and a lot of fun.
This is the link to my blog.
http://whippetbooklady.blogspot.com/

Cheryl said...

Okay, I think I'm finally getting with the program. So much for thinking I had it figured out. Here is my blog entry. I think! http://librarytalk-cheryl.blogspot.com/2008/11/what-am-i-doing.html

Anonymous said...

I've already blogged three times, but apparently didn't register????
I'm going to get this accomplished if it kills me....though I doubt if it will.
my blog is at oldcrazy.blogspot.com

d.o. said...

Though I am behind, I will try to catch up with the rest of the group soon.

Carol E said...

http://carol-hoorayya.blogspot.com/2008/10/blogging-ya-librarian.html

«Oldest ‹Older   1 – 200 of 244   Newer› Newest»